Are you one of those Jambite that are searching for the best university to study law in Nigeria? If it is a yes answer, then you are welcome to this excellent post. Today we will be listing out many private, state, and federal universities in Nigeria that are suitable to study law courses.
As we all know, the law is one of the best professions here in Nigeria and even in other countries, if you know what you studied (if the school passed through you). Many people are interested in studying law in Nigeria, but they are still confused about the university to choose that will give them a quality education. So if you are in the same situation, then this excellent article is for you.
There are many quality universities in Nigeria, and each one has an area that they are very good at. for example, Abia state university is very food in social courses. So while writing jamb or choosing the university you want to further your education, it is essential to choose the university that will offer you quality education on the course. For this reason, a lot of people are searching for the best university to study law in Nigeria.
As I said earlier, we will list out a lot of quality universities in Nigeria that are very good in law courses. These universities have produced a lot of lawyers in Nigeria.
Best University To Study Law In Nigeria
Below are the best universities in Nigeria that you can get quality educations for law courses.
University of Lagos (UNILAG)
Do you know that the University of Lagos, commonly identified as Unilag, is one of Nigeria’s crowns and prestigious universities? Another ambitious university in Nigeria with a track record of superiority in academics. The University of Lagos has produced lawyers who have made a significant contribution to Nigeria beyond many areas. I can boldly recommend Lagos’ university for you as one of the best universities in Nigeria for law courses.
University of Nigeria, Nsukka
Do you know that the University of Nigeria, commonly known as the University of Nsukka, is one of the first generation federal universities established before independence in Nigeria? Well, if you don’t know, then know it now. The Faculty of Law of the university is the oldest in Nigeria. It has made a tremendous benefaction to proper education and practice in Nigeria. Now it is high time to name the best university to study law in Nigeria.
Abia State University
Like I said earlier, ABSU is known for its social courses, but do you know that they also offer a law course? Are you surprised to hear it?
Abia State University is commonly another state-owned university on this list. The university was established in 1981 to expand the admission opportunities in Nigeria. It has since lived up to expectations. The university runs a collegiate system, and its College of Law is one of the best law schools in Nigeria.
The University of Abuja
The University of Abuja is one of the best and recommended law universities in Nigeria. The school has produced a lot of quality lawyers that have made a tremendous impact in Nigeria.
The University of Abuja is one of the federal universities in Nigeria. It was established on the 1st of January, 1988, and it commenced academic work in 1990. Since it began its activities, the university has performed excellently, and they have one of the best law schools in Nigeria.
University of Calabar
The University of Calabar, commonly known as UNICAL, is also one of the federal universities in Nigeria located in Cross River State, Nigeria. It was previously a campus of the University of Nigeria until after the formulation of Cross River. The university was established in 1975. Their faculty of law was founded in 1980, and it is one of the best universities to study law in Nigeria.
Abia State University Uturu. P.M.B. 2000 Okigwe, Abia State
2. Ahmadu Bello University. Zaria. Kaduna State
3. Ambrose Alli University. P.M.B. 14, Ekpoma, Edo State
4. Benue State University Makurdi. Benue State
5. Delta State University PM. B. 1, Abraka. Delta State
6. Enugu State University of Science and Technology P.M.B. 1660, Enugu.Enugu State
7. Imo State University P.M.B. 2000 Owerri. Imo State
8. Lagos State University. Ojo. P. M. B., 1087, Lagos. Lagos State
9. Nnamdi Azikiwe University. P. M. B. 5025, Awka, Anambra State
10. Obafemi Awolowo University. Ile-Ife. Osun State
11. Ogun State University P.M.B. 2002, Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State
12. Rivers State University of Science and Technology PM.B. 5080, Port-Harcourt, Rivers State
13. University of Abuja P.M.B. 17, Gwagwalada F.C.T. Abuja
14. University of Ado-Ekiti P.M.B. 5362, Ado Ekiti. Ekiti State
15. The University of Benin. Ugbowo. P.M.B., 1154, Benin City. Edo State
16. The University of Calabar. P.M.B 1115, Calabar. Cross River State
17. The University of Ibadan. Ibadan. Oyo State
18. University of Ilorin P.M.B. 1515, Ilorin. Kwara State
19. The University of Jos. P.M.B. 2084, Jos Plateau State
20. The University of Lagos. Akoka. Lagos. Lagos State
21. University of Maiduguri PM.B. 1069, Maiduguri. Borno State
22. The University of Nigeria. Nsukka. Enugu State
23 University of Uyo P.M.B 1017, Uyo. Akwa-Ibom State
best university to study law in Nigeria
NOTE– Entering these universities that I mentioned above is extremely hard. So if you were lucky to gain admission to study law at any of these higher educational institutions, you have to sit up and be at your best. We hope your knowledge and hard work will be appreciated and you will be lucky enough to become an alumnus of one of these best universities in the country.
In conclusion, we couldn’t mention a particular school as the best university to study law in Nigeria. However, all the universities mentioned above are right.